Adding links to chain?

Shabba

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ordered what I though would be plenty of chain for my rebuild 530 x 120 links turns out I am 4 links short.... F&%K. I know its not the ideal situation but is it a NO NO to add this many links to a new chain? If it is anyone need a brand new EX O ring 530x120 link chain.....

:doh:

If you use (ahem) REAL press on masterlinks correct from your chain maker with a proper chain tool it should not be an issue. Best might be like you are thinking, get a longer chain and sell the 120 links.

Woah. If the neck is raked that's going to be a long bike. Will give you my personal experience. My bike came with a chain with added links. I have ridden about 4k miles and constantly clean and line my chain. I changed out sprockets and wanted to wait till I was satisfied with outcome. I'm at 18/30 sprockets and like it. So I will be buying new sprockets and chain probably by end of the year. Since this is a new chain. I would just sell this chain and buy correct length. Post pics of frame if it's a roller

[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• bike_zps41927496.jpg
    bike_zps41927496.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 5
looks like you had to source the bottom nut for the spring, make sure you get a lock on that guy and, take the cap off the top and lub it up often. thats a good place for the water to sit and hide. if you havent replaced the bushings inside i would do that. unlike a hard tail the axle has flex, so the chain has a better chance of coming off around corners, id recommend a chain tensioner as well. cool bike man, looks good.

Plunger is cool !!!

i have a had a couple amen saviors. if you dig the plunger frames i have one that has a wishbone bend up front and round spring housings in the rear, unlike the boxed ones the amens came with for the 650's. pm if interested itll be cheap. has a rake to it as well. ast photo is before i added the wish bone bend

image_2_zps9182fe45.jpg

image_14_zps22c1cd91.jpg

Back