Adjustable cam sprocket?

Robbo

Robbo
Reaction score
G,day my knowledgeable net buddies! Ok I was just reading up on some stuff while Im waiting on a call about shipping.. And I found mention of adjustable cam sprockets, pricing etc but no details.. Im such a sponge for knowledge an stuff and I just have to know is an adjustable cam sprocket something I may want?? What does it do? How does it work? etc etc anything you know I want to know!! So please share :)

Robbo, It is to adjust your cam timing. Most bikes have either a pressed on sprocket (such as on the xs650) or a bolt on arrangement that does not allow for adjustment (no slotted holes). You will notice that adjustable cam sprockets have slotted holes so the cam timing can be adjusted without having to remove the cam from the cylinder head & press off the sprocket, reposition it & press the sprocket back on. It is recommended your dial in your cam after rephasing for example, to ensure your cam is opening & closing at the correct degrees in relation to the crankshaft.

Pyroladine... your pretty close to the mark.. Some really good developmental and experimental work on the XS650 going on in Australia at the moment.. Certainly makes me happy being closer to those sources and with the options of shipping being like a gazillion times cheaper!!! lol

The saddest thing though is we (aussies) will never have the ready supply and sheer numbers of XS650,s available that you lucky buggers in the USA have... sighs!

Back