All dressed up, nowhere to go.

Royboy

many roads, little time
Reaction score
North Central MN / Gold Canyon AZ (seasonal tramp)
My 78' Special, new parts as needed end to end, lotsa scrubbin' and rubbin', ready to rock. The problem is 20 degrees and snow on the roads. So here we sit.:thumbsup: roy

Attachments

• XS650 1-29-12 004.JPG
    XS650 1-29-12 004.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 230
  • XS650 1-29-12 006.JPG
    XS650 1-29-12 006.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 206
  • XS650 1-29-12 008.JPG
    XS650 1-29-12 008.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 226
Nice bike you got there.I like that year.Where about are you in MN. I'm down here in MPLS also waiting out the winter.

I wish mine looked that good! Congrats on the work you did, it turned out great.

Downeaster, you've made me laugh. When I posted that photo there was a friend in my shop and I told him that "Downeaster' was not gonna let that bracket slip by. You haven't failed me! I discovered that alot of bicycle touring gear fits really well on metric bikes. That's the mount for a 6x6x9 tailpack for a touring bicycle. Just right for the odds and ends I like to drag along on a day ride. Good eye!

roy

Roy, thanks for the comeback on the dingus, and glad I didn't let ya down! :laugh:

I hope to be riding Tater to work on a regular basis when the weather warms up, and I'm looking at various ways to lug my lunch box and other odds and ends.

Can you provide a link to a source for the bicycle touring gear? Sounds like something that might work for me. I really don't want to crud up my bike with permanently mounted bags and such.

Downeaster,

Link to sunlite products.com. The bag is actually a handlebar bag but the mount works fine on the grabrail with a couple pieces of clear vinyl tube for shims. I'm using their C-Sport Bar Tender 3 QR HB Bag. Like the fact that it just snaps off its mount when not in use.

roy

Thanks to all for the responses. I know that many here hold the Specials in low regard but when I started to make a tracker out of this one it was so clean and right I just couldn't cut it up. Now I've grown quite fond of it and just plan to ride it.

roy

My brother and family live in Pequot Lakes. You may have to wait out winter, but there are some beautiful rides to be had in your area, so I'd say it's worth it. You could pass the time on a sled, of course :) Nice bike!

You made the right decision to keep that bad boy stock. Your bike sure looks alot like mine. Well done on getting it back so clean. The single biggest improvement is the removal of those roto-tiller handlebars:)

Back