Allied Electronics - Terrible.

twinsarehot

fu*cking lurker
Reaction score
I was pointed out to this site by a friend, as a good source of electronic parts, switches, terminals, fuse boxes, anything really. I bought a key turn switch for my project, for 15 bucks.

But surprise there is a catch; they never give you a total while your checking out of the site, in promise that they'll send you a quote. 2 days later I see a charge for $35 out of my account, so I call their customer service line. Who do I get? Apparently a Neanderthal, with no manners what so ever, was trained to answer the phones. I was told that there were 5 dollars handling, 5 dollars because my order was UNDER 25 dollars and 5 dollars for this and that. WTF I thought, I told him to cancel the order because there was no way I'm paying 35 bucks for a switch. Surprise again, too late apparently. All the while the Neanderthal spoke to me with a "Gotcha" attitude and tone. Talk about some BS.

25457_664146388294_14310932_38241334_3495044_n.jpg

http://www.alliedelec.com/?gclid=CLrm9P6M8qACFRdSagodjQ23Fg

My wife bought some ultrabrite teeth whitener on line.......a few bucks.......a month later there was 200 dollars on the credit card and climbing........they had even enrolled her in fitness gym in Australia and billed the card....amoung 6 or 7 other places.........long story short it was a crook in Canada and he had done this to thousands...........great talking to them on the phone too........

xsjohn

My wife bought some ultrabrite teeth whitener on line.......a few bucks.......a month later there was 200 dollars on the credit card and climbing........they had even enrolled her in fitness gym in Australia and billed the card....amoung 6 or 7 other places.........long story short it was a crook in Canada and he had done this to thousands...........great talking to them on the phone too........

xsjohn

Shitty part John is that there is little that you can do to combat it. No jurisdiction. It's always out of country. The only thing you can hope for is that the credit card company takes your side.

Thanks for the heads up on Allied though. Make sure I don't order from them.

Back