An alternative to quitting 2 wheels is to add one.

fredintoon

Fred Hill, S'toon.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
peanut posted this:-
I have finally decided today to sell my XS650. I will get it finished and MOT'd but I will never ride it beyond the ride to the garage.
I have been torn for the past year about riding it . Its twice damaged my back just pushing it in and out of the garage because it is so heavy I have a missing lumbar disk and I don't want to end up in a wheelchair again
What decided me was seeing the manager of my local Co-Op tonight. He had an accident on his scooter at 30mph in the local high street back in March ! Some idiot pulled out from a junction in front of him. He'll never ride a bike again.
he spent 8 weeks in hospital and his injuries were horrendous ! Its just too dangerous on our UK roads now for any kind of 2x wheeled ride.
I've decided to keep my Lambretta LIS200 and concentrate on building bikes for enjoyment.

Hi peanut,
yeah, biking in Saskatchewan is not particularly hazardous but the last time I was in the UK I reckoned the only vehicle safe enough for me to drive there these days would be an armoured car. Perhaps it ain't so scary if you are used to it.
You can avoid the XS650 falling over on you by hanging a sidecar on it.
Plus it will carry all your stuff and is a great chick magnet.
And the Lambretta, despite it's light weight, still only has 2 wheels, eh?
Adding the 3rd wheel has let me keep riding this past 10 years.

Adding the 3rd wheel has let me keep riding this past 10 years.

There it is in a nutshell! People are gonna ride, or they're not. Some of us just say F U I'm gonna ride--no matter what it takes--even if I can't kick it over. Whereas some see an incident from a third perspective and it scares the sh*t out of them, and they sell off all their stuff to people who WILL ride.

Not nockin' ya Peanut, I have friends that antagonize what I do, or say I'm just an organ donor. BTW I do ride like every car is trying to kill me.
Stay safe out there guys. Keep the shiny side up, and also the enthusiasm for our sport/machines.....rolling. On any amount of wheels.....up to three and a half:wink2::thumbsup: (not including the spare:))

Can't say I blame him, I don't ride on UK roads any more, too crowded and full of idiots, it's not enjoyable any more, I just sprint mine now, I will be getting the bike I use on the road, but will only be finding quiet stretches of road to practice starts and find out what happens when I make any changes.

Back