An Xs like you've never seen before.

Nice bike not a hardtail fan three weeks time. Did you make the pipes hardtail frame paint ect. Very talented I would say. Welcome Plan to build a XS 650 in the future or do you just build for customers.

I did everything here in my shop. Paint, metal fab, upholstery, wiring, etc. Im the kind of guy that when I see potential in something, I go for it and do the best I can. Ive been so busy working on other peoples toys that I havent gotten a chance to ride my other bike in the past 2 years. But I guess you gotta sacrifice if your trying to make a business and a name for yourself.

You're a sharp, young, hard charger with talent. Go get em'. But as an old fart who has worked for himself for the past 40 years, here's a suggestion. Speak to your market as you would like to be spoken to. There is a tone in your postings that is unbecoming and makes the reader want to react negatively. That won't translate to success. It's all about perception.

Your bike wouldn't be for me but I admire your creativity. Have a great time!

roy

Roy. I greatly appreciate your words. I really do. And Im sorry I came off like a dick before. All of my life Ive been shit on and used because of my talents by the people that were "close" to me. I finally learned that its time to move on and away from the headaches. Thats kind of what this bike is all about to me. It represents the next step in life. BBillington came off very fast and brought out some old headaches. Im a very easy going person, but when someone starts knocking something personal of mine I do hop on the defense. I work harder than most people my age and have a lot to show for it. I paved my own way and learned what roads not to take early on in life. I dont drink, I dont do drugs, and I dont lie. But I know where your coming from. It just seems like all forums are a place for people to get into verbal conflicts. I will remember what you said. And again, thanks. Its guys like you that helped me in the past and gave me guidance.

the lines of your bike go very well with the engine, you must have "the eye". it wouldnt look right with a six fity lump in it. good job. so stop talking and get on building a xs650 with nice lines that suit the sexy curves of the 650.

the lines of your bike go very well with the engine, you must have "the eye". it wouldnt look right with a six fity lump in it. good job. so stop talking and get on building a xs650 with nice lines that suit the sexy curves of the 650.

Thanks man. This is what I was looking for out of this thread. As soon as I find a clean 650, I'm on it. :thumbsup:

Does it really make a difference to you that the motor has 290 cc less than a 650? If it does, I will delete my post and close my account just to make you happy. Didnt know you were the president and top asshole of this site. And btw, if you were taking a huge leap in life like opening a public shop where you can come and get free advise, make friends, and get some basic or custom work done, wouldnt you want to promote it and show you abilities? Kinda makes sense. Like I said, Im 26 years old. At least Im trying to do something with my life.

Well to be fair, this is xs650.com, not xs360.com. I think your bike is pretty cool for small liter bike, but it doesnt really belong here on the main forum, the lounge would be a good place to show it off instead. That said, I don't think you should delete your account, but instead build an xs650 and then it will fit in nicely. If it turns out fugly, we won't bash you, but opinions are just that.

Does it really make a difference to you that the motor has 290 cc less than a 650? If it does, I will delete my post and close my account just to make you happy. Didnt know you were the president and top asshole of this site. And btw, if you were taking a huge leap in life like opening a public shop where you can come and get free advise, make friends, and get some basic or custom work done, wouldnt you want to promote it and show you abilities? Kinda makes sense. Like I said, Im 26 years old. At least Im trying to do something with my life.
I'm with ya kiddo

The lines to me are painful.

As a guy who also does everything other than plating, I very much appreciate what you have built. It takes balls to believe you can pull something off like what you have. I always respect that.

Good luck with your business.

uhh....not to be a dick, but....up at the top of the page were it says garage....
The Garage Motorcycle Related Discussion (Yamaha XS650, other makes and models, and anything else motorcycle related including tools and gear)
i dig your bike. unfortunately i recently beat anarexia, so ive put on a few pounds, that little bike would get lost up my fat ass.....but it looks really good.

He did say that it was about the same cost to build as his AR15 one of those goes for around 1800 (correct me if im wrong) thats pretty nice results for under2K . I can overlook the fuse set up

Last edited:
The lines to me are painful.

As a guy who also does everything other than plating, I very much appreciate what you have built. It takes balls to believe you can pull something off like what you have. I always respect that.

Good luck with your business.
It does look like its wearing a fully used and bloody diaper. And yes, it's very impressive you've done this yourself.

dude, you should not have to appoligise for anything. you did not start the fight.its great to see new ideas. and that guy is not your costumer. so you have every right to tell him to go eat shit. and the costumer is not always right.if the costumer wants you to do something thats not safe and you are liable does that make it right. I deal with that crap all day.I have a license to protect. so when a costumer gets in my face and its a mater of their safty.guess what the answer is fu. fix it your self then. I wish you the best of luck.

uhh....not to be a dick, but....up at the top of the page were it says garage....
The Garage Motorcycle Related Discussion (Yamaha XS650, other makes and models, and anything else motorcycle related including tools and gear)
i dig your bike. unfortunately i recently beat anarexia, so ive put on a few pounds, that little bike would get lost up my fat ass.....but it looks really good.

oh snap! lol, I never read the fine print.

Last edited:
He did say that it was about the same cost to build as his AR15 one of those goes for around 1800 (correct me if im wrong) thats pretty nice results for under2K . I can overlook the fuse set up

Well under 2k. Look up the price of the S&W MP15. Not the MP15-22.. ;-) Purchase price of the bike was 600. All of the steel and paint was leftovers in my shop.

Greets, Bombshell...

My hat's off to you for the apparent quality and scope of the work. I'm not a hardtail guy, but the bike has a great stance and a lot of aesthetic appeal. I recently laid awake a few nights with cold sweats getting ready to merely bob a bleepin' fender, so I admire anyone with the initiative and skills to turn out something like your bike from a donor machine.

Good luck with your future endeavors!

TC

Back