ANOTHER charging issue

Jake2345

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everybody, so i recently posted about having a charging problem/no start. As it turned out it was my CDI....now i have another one...this time its a bit different.

So my battery was producing 8.31 volts and when the bike was revved up ot would climb too 8.61 volts. The bike wouldn't die, but if i turned my turn signals on they would stay solid, and also my head light wouldn't come on...however if i hit a bump in the road while riding it would all of the sudden turn on but again I wouldn't have turn signals(they would stay solid).
I'm again at a loss....i replaced the reg/rack in about October and the battery shortly afterwards...I'm not sure where this leads me but any help would be appreciated

Hi everybody, so i recently posted about having a charging problem/no start. As it turned out it was my CDI....now i have another one...this time its a bit different.

So my battery was producing 8.31 volts and when the bike was revved up ot would climb too 8.61 volts. The bike wouldn't die, but if i turned my turn signals on they would stay solid, and also my head light wouldn't come on...however if i hit a bump in the road while riding it would all of the sudden turn on but again I wouldn't have turn signals(they would stay solid).
I'm again at a loss....i replaced the reg/rack in about October and the battery shortly afterwards...I'm not sure where this leads me but any help would be appreciated

From your previous thread, you never reported back what type of battery you bought?? Batteries discharge if just left sitting around unused, especially if they were not given a proper initial charge.

Bench charge the battery at approximately 1/10 of its amp-hr rating for 10 hours. Then have the battery load tested to determine if the battery is still good or bad.

If its good then follow this thread to find out why you are not charging:
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10561

All i know about the battery is that its a 14L-A2 Motomaster battery. Ive looked at the battery and all the tags have been removed.

Back