Another fork question

Scott73

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I know fork blah blah. I understand triple tree difference between years. What I’m not clear of is lower fork slider. I read the compatibility in tech and didn’t understand. I need a fork lower(slider) on my 73. Just one! What other years can I get to fit. Left slider.

Googling the part number (366-23126-60) claims it was used on the '74 and '75 models as well, but I wouldn't take that as "gospel", lol. I'd want to actually see one to make sure it was the same. Here's one on eBay with lots of pics. Maybe that will help I.D. it .....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195318698737

Googling the part number (366-23126-60) claims it was used on the '74 and '75 models as well, but I wouldn't take that as "gospel", lol. I'd want to actually see one to make sure it was the same. Here's one on eBay with lots of pics. Maybe that will help I.D. it .....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195318698737
Omg 400 bones for that. Ugg i tell ya shoppin for a 73 is a pain. Curse of oak island finding buried treasure and I can’t find a fork lower. LOL

Good news bad news. I did some digging and I have a set of lowers for a 73, that's the good news.
Bad new is the left has 2 issues. 1 the leg is chipped at the top of the leg. I don't think it will hurt anything. It will not show with the rubber cap and chrome cover on.
2 it has a buggered thread for the rear fender stay (it's the way I got it). It will probably need to go to a machine shop to be repaired.
The right side has no problems.
A 72 leg will not work as the fender stay holes are mounted much lower on the leg.
1675805495699.png
1675805538119.png
1675805586008.png

Good news bad news. I did some digging and I have a set of lowers for a 73, that's the good news.
Bad new is the left has 2 issues. 1 the leg is chipped at the top of the leg. I don't think it will hurt anything. It will not show with the rubber cap and chrome cover on.
2 it has a buggered thread for the rear fender stay (it's the way I got it). It will probably need to go to a machine shop to be repaired.
The right side has no problems.
A 72 leg will not work as the fender stay holes are mounted much lower on the leg.
View attachment 235212View attachment 235213View attachment 235214
looks like bolt broke off then (badly) drilled, should be fixable or fail that, an insert installed.

looks like bolt broke off then (badly) drilled, should be fixable or fail that, an insert installed.
It's fixable, just not by me. If I was going to use it I would take it to my friendly machine shop and have them do it.
As Clint would say "a man gotta to know his limitations". Plus I don't need the frustration.

Back