Another oil leak, damnit!

RVA804

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well shit, I just got done replacing two gaskets and o rings which helps a leak on my cylinders but now I am experiencing a very small leak near the crankcase. There was a tiny drip of oil on my garage floor, I snapped some pictures from under the bike. What do you recommend I do in this situation... I am not sure what I need to replace here!

Attachments

• 20161207_210452_resized.jpg
    20161207_210452_resized.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 20161207_210417_resized.jpg
    20161207_210417_resized.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 86
I'm guessing it's the pushrod oil seal that needs to be replaced? Sorry for all of the questions I do very much appreciate the help and will pay it forward soon!

Not necessarily. Many times the leak source from under that cover is a loose sprocket nut. It needs to be very tight, like 90 ft/lbs.

Pull the cover, often the drip washes off grime and leaves a track back to the source.

Not necessarily. Many times the leak source from under that cover is a loose sprocket nut. It needs to be very tight, like 90 ft/lbs.
Hi 5twins,
thanks for the reminder.
As a former Britbike owner I am conditioned to believe that if you don't need to carry a quart bottle of 20W50 in your saddlebag every time you go for a ride your oil leak is too small to bother about but as my son borrowed my clutch cable t'other day my leftside peg, shifter and engine casing are already off the bike I can easily check up on my sprocket nut's tightness and reef it up real tight if it's needful.

Back