Any opinions on an XS Softail??

If I were to build it, I would want something along the lines of the monoshock setup above. Something without much space between the engine/associated parts and the rear wheel. I have the unused space behind the engine on hardtails. As far as shocks, I am not sure if you could work them in, but many people use GSXR shocks (600-1000) and Kawasaki Ninja shocks (ZX6R and ZX10R) to upgrade the suspension on their Suzuki SV650/1000. Not sure if this would be a desirable suspension on the XS though.

I think the grey bike has the right lines.Its more of a bobber than a chopper and not too low so handling should be good.I'm sure some would prefer a lower bike with more rake and longer forks but I think this bike is just about perfect.I know you are working on one style right now but I think at some point there could be enough demand for both styles.

I'm more into performance I don't ride on straight roads alot the gray look like you push it into a corner with out draging pegs or pipes.

The grey bike looks awesome. Kinda a fusion of stock, bobber and modern and it just works. I love the stock tank too and the mags as well. I am wondering if that is a XS1 tank or what models had the Yamaha logo and the indent on the tank they mount in ?

A softail bobber will definitely sit higher than a rigid, due to the need for suspension travel, but how much travel do you think would actually be needed???

My buddy and I started into my XS last night. We are thinking of a mono shock on an extended swing arm, sport bike style. Hidden under the seat, with the battery under the frame. I'm a 37yo with back problems. 10 years ago I crushed T9 & L1 in an at work accident.

I like the images posted but we were thinking of something a little different. Keep the idea alive. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who rides with a bad back.

Back