Anybody interested in one of these?

Leo - Funny you should mention that: I've done that exact thing on a less-than-well-loved model, a Suzy VX800. V-twin, shaft drive, overhead cam, water cooled, slipper clutch, 4 valves/cylinder, in 1990! Everything HD should have done about 20 years ago. Maybe 30. Shame the model was not very popular. Sigh.

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_8734.jpg

IMG_8733.jpg

IMG_8732.jpg

IMG_8730.jpg

Think there would be interest in this? I went the other route on "Build A" (as opposed to Build B with the XS1100 wheel) with the Kawi 750 rear wheel, as it was bolt on with no machining. But this would be doable, as I've already done the proof of concept. Weight is a bit of a concern, as it is a big chuck of aluminum. I really needed to drill some lightening holes in the one I did, but I was in a hurry to get it done. Ironically, the bike is still sitting in the same place as that pic... maybe 2 years ago... Seems I have cursed myself with too many projects...:doh:

Whitecrow - not sure what you mean. the machine piece I did was specific to the shaftie XS1100 wheel - or any wheel with identical rubber mounts and configuration. The hydraulics would be a separate item; but FWIW, I'm using a stock XS1100 rear caliper (it bolts right up) with a XS650 rear master.

Back