Anyone have pics of XS650 sidecar mounting?

TheRadBaron

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I'm preparing to put a home built sidecar onto my '78 XS650. I've assembled a lot of general information and studied a lot of different sidecar rigs, so I have a good idea of what needs to happen. I haven't been able to get a look at any XS650 sidecar outfits, though. It would be nice to have some model-specific ideas, so does anyone here have a rig that they could take some pictures of or know of somewhere I could find some? Thanks a lot.

Sorry. I found a lot of good information using the search function. I must have misspelled "sidecar" the first time because I swore that I tried and didn't find anything. Still, I didn't find anything really detailing the actual mounts.

hi if you go to the australian xs650 club site,, the members gallery,, and look at at david taylors pinkish coloured xs650 with a sidecar,, and it does not have a leading link ... although i think he has beefed up the front end inside .... as well as bronze bushes in the swing arm regards oldbiker

I'll post up some pictures tonight when I get home of my mock up with out the subframe. I'll have the subframe mounted in a couple of days and I'll get some pic's posted in my build thread. Here's some pic's I have up on ADVRIDER http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682126

Thanks for the mount pics....pls. (let us know how the cable operated sidecar brake pedal idea if you're going with something like that) works out. We're groping for a good workable way with a very similar need on a R 90/6 with a Jupiter. And of course always looking for better ways to tune the set up. Gordon's stuff helps a ton as does this of yours.

This my son's rig based on a R 90/6 of mine and his 74 Jupiter both now in NorCal Best, Blue

Attachments

• BMW_SidecarDano_9167.jpg
    BMW_SidecarDano_9167.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 328
  • steering damper 3.jpg
    steering damper 3.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 289
  • steering damper 2.jpg
    steering damper 2.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 202
  • retuned linkage 3.jpg
    retuned linkage 3.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 227
Thanks for the mount pics....pls. (let us know how the cable operated sidecar brake pedal idea if you're going with something like that) works out. Blue

PFFFT.. Brakes who needs those :bike: I copied Gordonscott' s wheel swap so no more hack brake for me. I love the jupiter tubs wish I could have found one. Great looking rig:thumbsup:

Back