Anyone know this bike ??

SangreDeDios

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
would like to maybe find the builder, get some history.

full

full

full

Looks like a custom frame with a brat style kit on the back end with a home made tubular tank

Not sure how far you would make it with that gas tank but I like the looks of that one. Anyone else notice the kick starter that matches the seat logo

I guess it's not the kind of bike you'd want to ride very far, so the size of the tank isn't important? Bikes like this look pretty cool, but I like to ride too much, and too far, for that. Viva La Differance!

Looks like a custom frame with a brat style kit on the back end with a home made tubular tank

THANK GOD! I was scratching my head trying to figure out what was done to this bike! Thanks for filling me in Captain Obvious!!!! You forgot to add "it looks like they put wheels and a seat on this one boys"

THANK GOD! I was scratching my head trying to figure out what was done to this bike! Thanks for filling me in Captain Obvious!!!! You forgot to add "it looks like they put wheels and a seat on this one boys"

Relax there bud, don't know what forum you came from, but we are pretty chill around here.

Nevermind, you are from the 33.

If it was that obvious to the person who started this thread they wouldn't be asking about it, but by the way he has put wheels and a seat on it, :bike::bike:

Haha maybe I should have clarified. Obviously I know that its a stock frame with a brat kit, by the way the downtubes were cut , the frame was raked 37 degrees and rewelded, I know that much. I picked this up over the weekend and was mainly wondering about the rake job and if its had any motor work done since the guy I picked it up from knew absolutely nothing about it.
I figured someone may know the builder so I can ask some questions.
I'm aware of how much the tank holds, I think I can get about 40 50 miles out of it. Small wassells and narrowed peanut tanks are not much better. I'm ok with that. But thanks everyone for chiming in. its all good. I think its a pretty sweet looking machine.

it is not a custom frame. it is factory "special" frame with redesigned head gusset. look closer, you will find "special" footrest brackets. and yes, it has VI brat kit...

In the UK they are known as Customs they came out as a US Custom, after several years they became renamed the Special, so older people like me only refer to them as customs,

With comments like this going on it makes you realize why so many people that have put in a lot to this forum have disappeared.

the tank reminds me of the salt flat racer bikes or a drag bike tank likes cool, and nicely put together from the pics, hows it run? the matching horse shoe kicker is a nice touch

I don't get the rear fender strut. It looks like the fender is mounted to the frame, but it looks like that strut is mounted to the brake post on the swingarm...

Nice bike,, I eye balled that one a lot in craigslist. I don't live far from where it was for sale.. Nice price on it too.

Looks like a laid off pipefitter worked on the frame!

Not my style, but a real nice start. Finished off nice, it could be really sharp. Think I'd want a little more room for go juice. It's got rear suspension instead of being an ass hammer, so it may actually get ridden farther than 13 miles.

Back