Anyone mount up an after market headlight?

I 'm using a off road spot, and what I did was make a 'tongue', if you can imagine, that mounted where the two threaded holes in the lower fork clamps(lower tree?)are. Looked good there, but my spot didn't have much flexibility, so I m ounted it under a alum. bracket that is in the triangle shape that I mounted to the small holes where the three oil, neutral, and headlight cluster mounted.
I dont have pics. sorry.

Try this.

John

Attachments

• headlight.jpg
    headlight.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 193
thanks john, the only thing is i have other stuff that is obviously attached there, what did you do with all that stuff? like front brake line etc.?

BigJimmy, im starting to think your trying to bankrupt me! lol. jk yea i will look into that, i guess that would eliminate that crossover thingy (technical term) that is mounted up there eh? im hopefully gonna get to the shop tomorrow so i will try and check it out then!

yea i thought it would be more expensive, but 30 bucks isnt bad. so im guessin i dont need the hose manifold unless i run dual brakes, which im not doing. ok, sounds good. thanks!

Last edited:
Im actually working on this myself at the moment..

I do have dual disc up front, so I dont want to use those 2 holes for the headlight.

I was going to mount 2 vertical tabs on the front steering stem tube of the bike, about 2-3" long & about 1/2" apart, like triangles.. However, my headlight is stretched out, so it needs to be mounted out a few inches so the back of the headlight bucket clears the frame...

I havnt pulled the trigger on anything yet, but I was looking for other ideas as well & came up empty.

yea i know there are plenty of people who have done this modification. they need to put up some pics!!! lol. thanks guys :D i hope yours comes out like you want it. im going to the shop today so hopefully i can get something figured out! we will see!

Single SS line (in the pic) as BigJimmy pointed out. You really need new brake lines anyway. :) Cheap if you get them the right place. I don't recall it off the top of my head, but I had it made the length I wanted it for $20 or so.

John

hooktool, did you get your line biult at a hydralic shop? Thats what I intend to do. But am afraid of ugly big ends. Did yours look OK? A neighbor of mine had some biult for his tractor, and they are big/ugly. Hoping a smaller fitting would yeild better results. guesse I wont know till I ask, eh? sorry for the thread jack.

haha no worries angus, high jack away! lol im sure it is all info i would like to have at some point! i looked at it today, and i think i know how i want to mount it. when i actaully make it i will try and post pics in this thread and then obviously my build thread that realy needs to be updated! lol

Alright, so Im lookin @ the bike & Im picturing these 2 ears Im gonna weld on the frame, then it hits me...

The headlight has gotta be mounted on the forks so it turns with the handlebars!! :doh:

Not sure why I didnt think of it before, but the forks would hit the side of the headlight when turned unless it was pushed out pretty far..

So, I ended up making a triangle shaped bracket to mount to the 2 holes for the brake manifold. The triangle is flat along the top, kinda like a pyramid on the back of a dollar bill and the headlight bracket matches up perfect, flush w/ the top.

Im still going to mount the manifold to the same bolts.. I was thinking about making a small bolt w/ a threaded stud on top, that way I could still use the 2 holes in the tree for mounting both the headlight & the brake manifold and I dont have to use one long bolt to go through the manifold, then the headlight bracket.

The headlight bracket bolts up first & is tightened. Then, the brake manifold slips over the exposed threaded stud on one of the bolts & it tightened on with a nut!

The power of canadian beer will help me tomorrow night.

that was kinda what i was thinking about doing to, now that i found out i dont need the manifold i will just be able to use the 2 holes there for that.

Back