Anyone running Mikes dirt/street track bars?

Here a shot of mine with those bars.

Attachments

• IMG_0961 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0961 (1024x768).jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 274
Same bars in chrome. I ordered the black ones first because the description said they were black chrome and turned out to be black powdercoat. You notice the description now says black chrome "look". They changed it after I caught them. The black bars will cause some problems such as throttle sticking, starter button not working, tight fitting clutch perch.This is all because of the powdercoat, it's too thick and not conductive so I just went with the chrome and sold the black.

I have a the bars in "black chrome look". They were a Xmas present. Probably going to sell them thou. It appears that they were maybe once chrome, then scuffed with 400 or 600 grit sandpaper. A transparent black coating was then applied. You can still see all the fine scratches if you look closely. Must admit it bugs me. I pretty sure when I had asked for them for Xmas they said they were black chrome. When I looked on the site again it said black chrome "look". Wish I had asked for just the chrome. At the time I was planning on a lot of black parts for the bike. Have since switched to more a modified-stock theme.

I went with the chrome ones mainly because the black ones tend to get scuffed up over time. I like them, they are comfortable. The MX bars I had before were okay but the straight bend was not real fun for long rides. I'm using Pro Grip Superbike grips, good feel and they don't make my gloves bunch up.

I can't really decide what bars to go with, but the reason I ask is because I am obsessed with this bike and I want some curves!! :bike:

ADK rider, let me know if you want to sell and how much. It sounds like they'd be a good candidate for an el cheapo like me who isnt sure of what he wants.... :laugh:

Attachments

• Corey21-51e0b27847.jpg
    Corey21-51e0b27847.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 165
Here's a picture with those bars. They are wide flat rack style bars. I like them and the black chrome was perfect on those. They DON'T look like the ones on that sweet Triumph which are pretty small and narrow. But they look really good.

John

Attachments

• P1010374.jpg
    P1010374.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 168
  • P1010376.jpg
    P1010376.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 190
  • P1010049.jpg
    P1010049.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 222
Im also looking to get a set of flat style bars.. I like the price on the Emgos posted above but Im also diggin the Bitwells Im guessing the bitwells might be made better? or is this a classic case of paying for the "cool" bitwell name? Im also not sure if the bitwells will fit 1" for the Bitwells 7/8" for the Emgos. will 1" bars fit looks like 7/8" is the stock bar size? Sorry if this is covered elsewhere!

Back