Ardcore

Luckydog

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Ardcore is still in business. My emails and phone calls go unanswered.
I don't have much money and spent what little I have on their hard tail. I ordered it back in April. So bummed

Sounds par for the course. As far as I know they are still in business. I had the same ordeal with my ardtail. In the long run I feel it was worth the wait, I'm very happy with it. Took me about 4.5 months and a few emails/phone calls to follow up.

Good luck

4.5 months and bad customer service....there are talented builders all over the place. id hunt local next time. youre very patient to have it be worth the wait lowerc. id never give my business to a shop with a track record of theirs. you should get your cash back and look elsewhere. this is not a new problem as stated. i think there are two other threads like this.

yup. they are just painfully slow over there, my friend brett waited 6+ months for his hardtail from them. Several phone calls and many promises of shipping were made and none were accurate. In the end, the hardtail was extremely well made and fit like a glove. Worth a 6 month headache? Doubt it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I do feel better knowing that others have experienced the same slow service and there is hope of eventually getting the tail, but bummed I missed out on riding this Summer.

if you just want to ride, find a 500 dollar beater. fix as you ride and then sell it for a profit that winter or next summer. assuming you play all your cards right. i know what you mean though. losing out on riding season is the worst.

going to order mine from them today... i hope it doesnt take 6 months, but i can deal with 3 months. i would love to order from another hardtail manufacturer, but imo none look as good as the ardtail when its all said and done.

going to order mine from them today... i hope it doesnt take 6 months, but i can deal with 3 months. i would love to order from another hardtail manufacturer, but imo none look as good as the ardtail when its all said and done.

you have been warned, there are other threads that are as informative and have more of the same. I guess we will hear from you in about 3 months when another complaint thread about Ardcore choppers is posted.

Good luck.

I sent an e-mail a week ago and inquired if they were still around and producing their hardtail kits. John Ard himself e-mailed me back within minutes and stated that they are indeed in business and had about a 5 week backlog on the kits because they were waiting on some plasma cut parts. E-mailed another follow-up question and again was answered within minutes. I haven't actually ordered anything yet, but was quite pleased with the response I received.

I sent an e-mail a week ago and inquired if they were still around and producing their hardtail kits. John Ard himself e-mailed me back within minutes and stated that they are indeed in business and had about a 5 week backlog on the kits because they were waiting on some plasma cut parts. E-mailed another follow-up question and again was answered within minutes. I haven't actually ordered anything yet, but was quite pleased with the response I received.

Read through these.

Seems his quick responses are until the money is received.

A simple "Google search", ( top left), is all that is needed to find info.

Read through these.

Seems his quick responses are until the money is received.

A simple "Google search", ( top left), is all that is needed to find info.

Oh. I have read them as well as threads on other sites. Heard nothing but horror stories about the ship time and just general customer service. I was just shocked about the immediate, rapid response. I have ordered nothing at this time. **IF** I did ever decide to go with them, I will be in the fortunate situation to no worry about it holding up my riding season as I already have another bike (albeit not an XS). I have been adequately warned and would go into it on my own free will with no "Where the hell is my hardtail?!?!" thread to follow. :D

Thanks for looking out though. That's one of the reasons I love this site.

You got my attention. I've been in manufacturing for 28 years this would be easy to build. Waiting on plasma cut parts. Find another supplier. Send me a print I'll get you a quote on plasma and laser cut parts thru the company I work for. Maybe its time for two suppliers for quicker turn around.

Back