Are BS34's BS34's regardless of the brand of bike?

Capt_Zoom

Raider Rider/xs newbie
Reaction score
My father-in-law is trying to sell a suzuki GS850 and I was looked up the carbs for him and it turns out they are BS34 Mikuni's. Are these the same as the BS34 mikuni's found on xs650? I'm assuming that the jetting would be different.

The nice thing is that he has a spare bank of 4 carbs.

There are at least two versions of BS34. The one on the SR250 is real different in the bell at the air box side, different arrange ment of air jets and passages. And it doesn't use the rubber plug in the pilot hole. And the cap is thicker and not chromed, but I think the caps are interchangeable.

But it's not vastly different. The manual calls it a BS34.

Similar but not exactly the same. Could you adapt them? Maybe with lots of parts swapping from some actual 650 ones.

LOTS of parts swapping, I had a KZ750 twin with BS34's, most every part was different throttle shafts, jetting, brackets etc etc. Not worth all the effort IMHO. The practical answer is; they are different carbs when mounted on different bikes.

Ive seen them on ebay and noticed a few differences. Enough to make me not consider trying them. Some had chokes on the top if I remember correctly.

Back