Audio recording of XS doesn't reveal what I expected

I think I need to understand it musically.
One cylinder appears to be playing behind the beat or the other one is ahead of the beat. Time to hold auditions. If you'd rather not hold auditions, then put the crank at TDC and stick a baton in the spark plug holes and if the pistons are about the same height, then the score is fine, but one of the cylinders is smoking pot, or just schizophrenic, not an uncommon problem in our world.

I intentionally cropped the lower clip to make it clear where the pattern begins. I didn't change the timing at all.
Yes, i think what I see is what I should see. I didn't realize that "360° paralell twin" means they don't fire at the *exact* same time, and I didn't take into account all 4 strokes.
I have similar recordings of my single cylinder 2 strokes which are a joy to behold, but don't have the cool galloping chaos that this one has.
And I'm sorry to say that my Harley has the most useful sound, in that the bass is so deep and full. After all, that's the only reason anyone rides one, isn't it?
My pipes are the same length. It would definitely be fun to play with "tuning" in this context but I don't know if it would be musically productive. Most of my audio manipulation is electronic anyway.
Sure you dint accidentally use a Harley sound clip?
One problem with un-filtered exhaust is an annoying ringing which I believe to be the exhaust valves slamming shut. Good audio recording could help with muffler design!

Back