automatic cam chain adj

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
this is only out of curiosity as 1 was on oz ebay recently.any one used the automatic cam chain adjuster for the xs650 (or any other bike).this 1 was new originally from twin inns in Germany.. if so any good or just another gadget (went for au$85 +10 p/h)

I think the stock adjuster is just fine. Just check the adjustment at oil changes. Do it while the oil is draining.
Leo

same here xsleo easy enough to do manually,but as I said just curiosity as haven't heard about them before and wonder how good they work/or not considering haven't seen them for sale at mikes/central/etc etc and cant read german to look at prices write up etc at twin inns site (always good to keep a open mind as well keeping the money in the pocket)

My Google tool bar has a translation function. I use that to read sites with different languages.
I have heard about the automatic adjusters but at any price is more than I will pay.
The stock set up works very well.
Leo

Countless bike owners pay good money to toss their automatic adjusters in favor of manual adjusters.
Search APE cam chain adjuster.
grass, fence, greener?

yes that's the one,as said earlier only curiosity as im to tight to spend money if I don't have to,but also like to inquire and keep a open mind,shit there are still people that humbug electronic ignitions.alas my translating bars does seem to work but would be intresting to see twin inns sales rave and also their price to compare to the oz ebay one that was up for sale

The XS650 cam chain adjuster appears to me to be a reliable unit, as long as you use it. I also have an XS1100. I think that the XS1100 manual unit is not so good. It can easily slip the lock. It is also prone to leak oil. It's actually a piece of garbage, IMHO. I switched that one to an automatic unit from a later motorcycle. I'll never look back on that one.

Back