backbone bracket thread size

WannaBeFabrication

XS650 Member
Reaction score
anyone know the thread size for this bracket? its the perfect spot to mount my regulator and I can't seem to figure it out.

Attachments

• IMG_6631.jpg
    IMG_6631.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 101
Cool pic. My point is that it is not an original bracket. So you have to try a variety of bolts. If you post an accurate thread minor diameter and a closer view. I'll accurately guess by the machinists hand book specs.

oh shit,I'm sorry. I thought it was an original bracket. sure looks that way atleast (welds consistent with others, factory frame paint) I'll get more info for you in a few

Cool ! So it is original :)
I've not owned an XS late enough to have seen that. Thanks -R

Funny. Someone here in the last couple of days mentioned having their regulator mounted on the frame backbone so I guess that is how it was done.

None of my frames have it.

Anyone know what mounted there?

Seems like a wet and nasty spot to mount electronics. Glad the TCI box wasn't mounted there.

Seems like a wet and nasty spot to mount electronics. Glad the TCI box wasn't mounted there.
The plastic false fender does a pretty good job of keeping it dry.

Yes, that's stock for the '80 and up TCI bikes. TCI black box was right behind it, hanging off the bottom of the battery box. Earlier bikes hang the rectifier there.

Back