Bad ass XS650 heritage special project!

Jeepert88

broaaaaap
Reaction score
Hola XS freaks!

I'm going to chop up my '82 heritage special and i'm going to make it one hell of a bad ass bike!

I was planning to start the build late this fall. But when i was riding yesterday the bike started to be a bitch to me so I tore her apart today! I just couldn't wait to realise my visions.

I'm going to put a dropseat hardtail on her and keep her low and mean!
This could be one big ass pile of words, but pictures say it better so tune in and check out my build!

Greetings from holland!

image_zps3507b945.jpg

image2_zps44468ee1.jpg

image3_zps64dc8a13.jpg

image4_zpsef8074ab.jpg

It's been a few days since the last post. But the hardtail is almost done, needs a few more welds and then i need to get rid of all the old brackets and ugly pieces of metal!!

_382322561920399_7676459163065759033_n_zps7565b877.jpg

foto9_zps5e2773ab.jpg

foto8_zpsb71d0286.jpg

foto6_zps0bc52050.jpg

foto7_zpsfca0f51c.jpg

foto5_zps62a24fed.jpg

It's been a few days since my last post, so here's a little something for ya.

I took off the top end of the engine just to see how everything is placed in there and if there where any signs of damage or what so ever!

It lookt pretty good, except for some carbon on the pistons and the cilinderhead!

foto13_zpsb3210749.jpg

foto14_zpsfb61293c.jpg

image1_zps3e610aab.jpg

foto11_zpsbfe7c2a1.jpg

foto12_zps5f89d55f.jpg

foto10_zps3867f878.jpg

I just placed an order at heidentuning (the xs650 guru in west europe), when those parts come in you'll see another post here!

Cheers

being from the nether regions, im sure this will turn out great. What happened to the dropseat idea? And can you post a pik of that red/white Honda?

no. your first pik in post in post #2
first bike behind your frame.
restoring a citroen? or just a repair?
we love shop pics here

Aaah the cb750 hardtail! My boss built it for a customer, it's a sick bike but i dont have any pictures of it here! And yeah, my boss repares and restores old citroen 2cv and kitcars based on the citroen! If you ever come to Holland, you definitely have to come by at Short cut choppers!!

on my bucket list, but its a long swim. do you think I should swim west thru asia? or east across the pond?

So here is another update!
Today i finished re-assembling the engine. Changed the oilfilters, modified ones from heidentuning in the netherlands. Some caps to seal of the hole from the starter engine. I just like kick only bikes!

Then i put the engine on it's side and i was ready for some spartan style fighting with the frame and engine!

foto18_zps8f175438.jpg

A lot of sweat, cigarettes, some blood and a loud THIS IS SPARTA later.....

foto19_zps1bd9cb57.jpg

then i put the forks in, followed by the wheels. Oldschool shinko tires.
Tomorrow i'll put it on the ground to see how much i got to drop the front.

foto16_zps6f9be225.jpg

foto17_zps3c81e389.jpg

foto15_zpseb280bf7.jpg

Looking good, sounds like you might need to hit Hugh up for some 2" lowering kits. If you already caught this you can disregard my comment here but you have the forks on the wrong sides. When you do the final assembly make sure the caliper mounts are on the back side of those forks.

Back