Bad Idol

TeeCat;
I 've never owned or worked on a bike with two throttle cables, so I can't comment on how they are sync'd.

You have to think about each air box/air filter/carb/head/cylinder as a separate device which may require a different position of the pilot screw in order to get the correct air/fuel mixture. They could end up with the same settings, but may just as likely be different.

yea i do not have barbs on mine either

its been raining here so i haven't got a chance to work on the bike again, once it stops i plan on taking the carbs apart again and hopefully getting them cleaned enough that both cylinders are running then start using some of these tuning tips

just got done working on the carbs cleaned them good and used an air can also this time

i did notice when i took them apart there was a white residue on the carb barrel i figure this was from left over carb cleaner

i reassembled the carb and the choke seems to stick i think it is probably a loos set screw or misalignment on the lever

planing to work on it tomorrow ill keep you all updated

not a good day

i took it for a short ride (10 minutes or so) it ran ok but not great my any means but got me down the road

can back to get my wallet and went back out and it didn't want to start, backfired died and just all together was not good

one time when trying to get it started the started just made an electric motor noise so i figure some gear is broke or something along that line

i can not figure out what is wrong with it ...i have cleaned the carbs good several times, the butterflys seem to be ok and cover the three holes in the closed position, the mixture screw is 3/4 turn out, no air leaks and brand new good gas

i think the thing may be possessed

oh yea an my internet decided to delete my text before i posted so this is the second time i have had to type this

well the 2 1/4 turns out didnt do the trick now i have noticed that the right carb is moist which makes me think that the bowl is flooding and overflowing

if its not one thing its another

Back