Bandsaw recommendations?

AirsoftNY

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good stationary bandsaw they would recommend? Looking in the $400-500 range, and looking to mostly cut tube either DOM frame tube or pipe for building my exhaust.

Was looking at this unit, but out of my budget:

00922450000-2.jpg

I have a Grizzly portable handheld version that I like, but looking to upgrade.

thanks!

I put my handheld in a vise and have a bandsaw. One less overhead cost. I've lived with out a band saw for so long, I figure why spend money on one now

Posted via Mobile

I bought one of those cutoff type bandsaws that pivot. I just stand it upright when using as a regular bandsaw. For cutting tubing/pipe, You just lay it down and let it go. I could not do without it. I think I paid about $350. Main thing is to go to a supply house and get some good quality blades for it, about $8 apiece.

The Jet horizontal/vertical cutoff type bandsaw works great for that-around $200. I use one constantly to cut barstock and tubing and its been really good. I also have a Powermatic vertical meatal bandsaw, and a coldsaw, but use the cheap little Jet the most by far. Buy blades from www.bandsawblades.com and use bi-metal. DON'T use cheap blades.

John

^ That's pretty cool. I have picked up some used DoAll's at auctions pretty cheap before. They rarely have problems and are built for heavy industrial use. I also have a Dewalt hand held and it comes in pretty handy. I have cut up to 5" solid steel bar with it before.

Back