Bar end mirrors? Anyone use these?

I've got a set of what Tron posted. I'm running one on the left side of my XS650, and the other on my GS550.

The XS vibrates to the point that I can barely see anything out of the mirrors while moving. I only installed it to see what's behind me while sitting at a light.

2nd the CRG's. awesome mirrors. they handle the vibes quite well and don't need any adjusting while riding. heres a pic of it on my XS:

Attachments

• bike 3.jpg
    bike 3.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 453
2nd the CRG's. awesome mirrors. they handle the vibes quite well and don't need any adjusting while riding. heres a pic of it on my XS:

Yes and they better be awesome for how much they cost.. I've never had to readjust mine after I got them set where I wanted them. They do fold in at about 125mph though! :D That shouldn't be a problem on the XS.

hey Tron I have the same mirror. How do you keep it from moving meaning the barrel that goes inside the bar keeps turning from the wind.

I have a pair of the Oberon bar-ends, and like 'em. Small, but the glass is very clear/crisp, coated, and slightly convex; even more useful than I was hoping for! I got them in the (larger) 75mm size.

I had been planning on the CRG mirrors; quality parts and I like the folding aspect, but they just looked to "hardware-y" for my build, with all the exposed fasteners and obvious mechanical bits.

One of the best available is the Napoleon barend. It mounts into the bar end using a rubber sleeve so it quells the vibration quite well. I haven't tried one on my 650 but I do run them on some of my other bikes, including my SR500. That thing is a shaker and the Napoleon is the best mirror I've tried so far on it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=napoleon+bar+end+mirrors

One of the best available is the Napoleon barend.

I plan to order a pair of Napoleons.

On my '82 Heritage Special, I inherited (from PO) what appear to be Grab-On Deluxe Foam Grips with Foam end caps.

06190cb18f278af2cc685375336fe745_zps9adc91ec.jpg

To accommodate the Napoleons, do I need to go with rubber type grips that can be more easily modified in the ends?

Recommendations for vintage-looking grips that modify easy and work well/look good with the Napoleonic bar end mirrors?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back