battery size

benway0007

regret what you didnt do
Reaction score
im running only a headlight and tail light and posssible rear blinkers on my bobber. and a starter for when noone is looking.. what is the least amout of cca's I can get away with? i want to runn a supper small battery

You need around 180 cca or better to start the bike with the electric starter. There are some out there about half the size and weight of the stock battery that has enough cca's but they are at least $150.
www.ballisticparts.com has the smallest, most powerful batteries I have found.
Thier 8cell EVO2 is 4.5 inches x 2.5 inches x 4.5 inches. Weighs 1.7 lbs, 275 cca's $159.
The 4 cell EVO2 is 2.5 x 2.5 x 4.25, .979 lbs, 135cca's $99. It might start the bike if everthing is perfect.
For my 75 with the 750 kit I think the 12 cell at 4.5 x 3.5 x 4.25, 2.44 lbs and 410 cca's at $189 will be better. The 210 cca's battery I have don't work as well as it should.
The 210 cca's on a stock bike is ok. The 750 kit has more compression and cranks over a bit harder.
Leo

I don't run a starter or signals and was wanting to get another one of those "Triple i" batteries that have been talked about here before. People were buying them on ebay but now I can't seem to find one. The battery was about the size of a pack of smokes. Does anyone know where you can buy them now?
jefft

I don't run a starter or signals and was wanting to get another one of those "Triple i" batteries that have been talked about here before. People were buying them on ebay but now I can't seem to find one. The battery was about the size of a pack of smokes. Does anyone know where you can buy them now?
jefft

Search eBay for a 1.8 ah battery (ah= amp-hour).

Found another battery that looks just like the triple i battery and the same specs. It is a Power Sonic PS 1208WL. I googled that part # and a number of sources popped up.
I believe it can be had from your local Batteries Plus store although a little more expensive.
jefft

Back