Beauty plates..anybody know who makes them?

JohnGoodenough

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys
Quite a few bikes have what looks like aluminium plates mounted to the frame behind the foot pegs. Look to be drilled.

Where can I find some of these?

Thank you

It sounds like you are talking about rearsets and the plates you are speaking of are part of the rearset used to keep your heel from sliding inward.

Ugly plate covers, Omar's has them for about $60---tim

Last edited:
I know the ones you mean John, they cover up the lower, large frame section on each side, where the original footpeg brackets mount and the swing arm pivot is located. I'm looking for a set also and have only ever seen them on Ebay, each time advertised by the guy who makes them and he actually calls them "beauty plates" My problem is that I can't remember the seller's name

bought a set off usa ebay 2011/ for the price highly disapointed (they werent even polished) would not be hard to make up your self.just a alum plate cut to shape with a couple of holes drilled.make up a template out of cardboard,buy some alum plating and jig saw away.i would next time

OLD POST HERE;
Is Hot Wing Glass still around, can't seem to find them on the inter-web?
Does anybody else make the "beauty / ugly" plate cover ready to be polished?

Thanks.

I had Hotwing Glass on my list of saved sellers but their site doesn`t come up anymore. Google search comes up a consulting group?? Their plates were very good for $30. I had a pattern for these but cut it up to make shorter plates for the mono shock build.
beauty plates 001.JPG

Back