big blue bike lift

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
few months back spludged out and bought a 2nd hand big blue bike lift , mainly so i could lift and do maintince on my can am spyder , now wishing i had bought one a few yrs ago for the xs650 and other bikes . only just the other day put it together after being stored for last few months (bit lazy ) between it and the table will make life easier , had a set of hughs speedster pipes on the xs but took them off due to hard to lift the bike .. but not anymore .. got the xs on the table now but if had assembled the lift first would have been so easy as front end has been taken off for the fork conversion and back wheel has to come off as well .. with this lift both jobs could have been done without shifting jacks around ... im am so happy
i could just shit :D:D:D:D

Lic Plates.jpg I got a Handy.... great lift.... but they are get'n seriously $$$$… I also have a H/Freight lift.. toss that wienie tire clamp.. get a proper wheel clamp from Red Line Industry... and it's a very good lift and a much better $$$.
Have'n a lift makes any job on the bike.. from engine work to clean'n…. Sooooooo much easier.... :)

Love the Road America sign. Spent a week freezing my ass off there one summer. Rain and 34-35 the whole time. Best brauts on the planet. Still have nightmares about the armco railing and giant botts dots.

View attachment 166667 I got a Handy.... great lift.... but they are get'n seriously $$$$… I also have a H/Freight lift.. toss that wienie tire clamp.. get a proper wheel clamp from Red Line Industry... and it's a very good lift and a much better $$$.
Have'n a lift makes any job on the bike.. from engine work to clean'n…. Sooooooo much easier.... :)
one thing about the era of china industrialism we can now afford to buy things that yrs ago we could only dream about unless had a proper biz going , a lot might be cheap and nasty but for the type of work a lot of us do its the ducks nuts .. eg the lifts.... or a compression tester is a good eg .. 30 yrs ago would pay 2-300 now 30-50 bucks ( though the earlier ones were so much better) .. like your work shop area .. you can actually see the floor

A group of us did R/America every year... camp'd at the Carousel…next to the dead cat..... breakfast downtown... enjoy'd walk'n the pits look'n at various blown engines.... chat with Roper..... rip to downtown Elkhart for ice cream.. outside eve'n meal.... but then they changed the vintage days date... Grrrrr…
You're right about the weather... the nearby great lake affects the temps...one time, as it was get'n dark a buddy was visit'n the " honey bucket "... one of four in a line... as he conducted his business .. a storm brew up... wicked winds.. I was in my tent... it was scary... as my buddy sat.. he felt his honey bucket be'n buffeted violently.... then heard the other three go " thud " as they blew over....
the storm pass'd…. tree limbs had snapped.... many folding full size tent covers.. twisted and ruin..... we awoke in the morn'n and.. the people who put their tents up " downstream " of the honey buckets exited their tents to... " OMG $%%$## ".. it was great .. :)

Back