Big bore 706cc

I think that same company sells that kit stateside. As I recall many have used it with good results.
You just need to get your cylinders bored to match the pistons.
Leo

Ok thanks. Its a lot cheaper than getting the 6. oversize(680cc) and it will give some more cc's. Is the a big difference between 680cc and the 706cc?

Will they go in the original cylinder?

Original sleeves, yes. 78 is as far as they will go though. My JE pistons from hoos measure 77.5 in the stock sleeve.

Posted via Mobile

If those piston have the same dome as stock, then my guess is about 9.1. My guesstimate comes from these figures. A 650 with 8.4 C/R, 650 divided by 8.4 is about 77. This is cc's of head.
Now take 706 and divide by 77, this gives about 9.1.
These figures may be way off but I think they are fairly close.
Leo

I figure the compression ration isn't much different than stock. If it were they'd, being a good seller, would tell you to use higher octane, cam, jetting blah blah etc

The best way to find compression ration is CC the head with ATF and a glass plate with an old spark plug. Then push the piston down, say 20mm, and CC the cylinder. Do the math and it'll compensate for the dome and valve cut pockets. Don't for get to measure and do the CC of the head gasket and bond itself.

IMO, I'd only get as big of an oversized piston as you need. The power difference is not huge. You can get more bang for the buck other places and you will still have cylinder wall left for the next time you freshin the top end.

Most people will say that they seen a big power difference going to an oversized piston kit etc....truth is they're just feeling a fresh motor compared to their old wore out top end. If you'd dyno the a fresh stock piston'd motor and a 1mm over motor you'd hardly see any difference certainly not for the money.

Cruzinimage 1mm oversize, (4th), is 55.20 Pound so a lot cheaper.

A thing you might consider..........Boring out to 706cc oversize means there is no more re-bore left in the sleeves.

4th oversize, (1mm), gives you about 670cc and also has the advantage of boring out the sleeves for another oversize or, (worse case scenario), damaged bore after rebuild, then the sleeves can be re-bored for the 706cc.

Unless the sleeves are damaged and can be cleaned up to only take the 706cc size, a step down gives room for mistakes/problems and won't cost a another set of sleeves

Back