Bike not getting fire won't start....HELP!

Hey gang, I appreciate the discussion here. I'm going to go with: keeping it easy and checking: Spark, Fuel and compression

I'm going to a) check for spark and then possibly 2) spray EasyStart in the carb to diagnose if it's a fuel issue. Will continue to troubleshoot from there!

Thank you for all the input. - Turbo

- Two days before she stopped running: full tank of premium from Chevron just like normal.
- The day before she stopped running I did try to kick start her for about 45 minutes and she kind of did the same thing; she'd fire every few minutes just once. Eventually I jumped the battery and she fired right up and ran all day

- Battery needed charging every few days because it's been cold here.
Previous owner recently replaced battery, coil, spark plugs. Basically, battery and starter seem strong.

This needs to be sorted before jumping around and doing anything else..........Seems you thought it had a fuel problem until the battery was jump started.........Do the electrical first then go onto fuel.............if it ends up being a fuel problem at least you will know the electrical system problem has been fixed and is working properly............if the electrical isn't sorted and you work on the fuel and you can't seem to fix it then your not going to know if it may be electrical related

Hey gang, I appreciate the discussion here. I'm going to go with: keeping it easy and checking: Spark, Fuel and compression

I'm going to a) check for spark and then possibly 2) spray EasyStart in the carb to diagnose if it's a fuel issue. Will continue to troubleshoot from there!

Thank you for all the input. - Turbo

thats a good plan Turbo. Checking the ignition spark and using easystart to eliminate or confirm a fuel/air delivery issue is simple and quick .it will help you eliminate the obvious first without the need for tools and possibly inadvertently making the issue worse . Until you get the bike starting and running its going to be next impossible to test and correct any potential battery charging issue you may have

I'm not going to get into an argument over procedures

listen to peanut. He has all the answers and the correct way to do Things........i will not be giving any more advice other than to say get a manual and double check any advice given.

Good luck

Last edited:
- - - Any suggestions or wisdom before I get a trailer and take her to the shop? I feel like it's something dumb / simple like - I need to jiggle a fuel hose or... something? Many thanks in advance. Cheers

Hi Turbo and welcome,
the "usual suspect" for reluctance to electric start except if boosted is charging failure and subsequent low battery.
The "usual suspect" for charging failure is worn alternator brushes.
Try connecting the bike's electrics to a borrowed car battery and see what happens.

Back