Biltwell Keystones Carbs & Cables

sou1f1y33

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Does anyone know if I buy the Biltwell Keystone bars if I have to get longer cables?

2. If I run Uni pods and cut the stock exhaust what jets should i need with BS38's?

3. Are there any major advantages to buying a new throttle? if so can anyone suggest something worth buying?

Thank you,
Brad

You did good to get UNI pods but did bad to cut the mufflers off. It will probably never run really well no matter what jets you put in. You will look cool though as you backfire and sputter down the road, lol.

Good thing I didn't cut the mufflers off yet. I have learned from this website and many other projects (usually the hard way) to research first and execute after. The good info keeps coming from this site. Looks like I better save up some more pennies for new pipes and keep the stockies the way they are for now.

As you can see from the chart I prepared below, the BS38s came in no fewer than 4 renditions. Jetting was different in the various sets. You'll need to figure out which set you have to properly re-jet them. Re-jetting is based on the year of the carb set, not the year of the motor .....

CarbSpecsReducedSize.jpg

Back