Black 75 bob

mistercartoon

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello this is my 74 650 at the moment just the basics like roller head bearings, brass swingarm bushings, hughs great pma kit & a stripdown of the frame.
Ive sort of drawn a line between all the upragdes & mods id like to do & that you are all doing now & the few things i have to to get it making noise on the road.
Just trying to get the brat rear looking right then there will be throttle & clutch cables to be made, some clutch work & well, alot of other stuff.

Attachments

• DSCN1290.jpg
    DSCN1290.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN1291.jpg
    DSCN1291.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN1293.jpg
    DSCN1293.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 159
Hey sgallaty, what do u mean by 'neutral handling'?I think i will go with some flat bars, its a brat, keep it that way
and a differant headlight, its just what wsa laying around.
pretty nifty tape measure bracket though right?

I wondered what that was.

neutral handling = in a curve your center of gravity is near the center point between the wheels. no over or understeer. better to be lower too.

rake, extending rear forks, etc. changing the geometry (like lowering the back and leaving the front high, etc. rider position affects it too, but most mods don't change the seating considerably.

weigh the whole bike, then weigh the front tire, and weigh the back tire seperately. That gives you some idea of where the center of gravity is on the bike. Most choppers have it very far back, which means that in a tight turn you end up with a majority of traction effort on your rear tire, which will lead to the rear sliding out.

Worse, some of those have no front braking, and with the combination of the weight on the rear and rear braking, their rear tires are more likely to break loose in a turn when they attempt to decelerate.

Back