Blasphemy!

gordonscott

XS650exhaust.com
Reaction score
Well I finally sold the "77". I want to build a cafe and was too tempted to cut her up so off she went :shrug: To fill the gap right now I bought a Buell :eek: No regret, these things are a hoot to ride :bike: So now I have to figure out what style of cafe I'm going to build? I have a lot of bits and want to build a frame, thinking of somthing like shinya kimura's Triumph cafe frame? I won't even think of starting this till winter but in the meantime I will collect more bits. Was going to cafe a "73" cb750 I have but I know the xs much better so I'll stick with what I know :) p.s. anyone in new england looking for a "73" cb750 with valid mass title? swap xs stuff maybe :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How is the Buell? I wanted to try one for fun. That's a Blast? It's a 500cc thumper ? When I took my MSF class they had one an an extra but no one rode. Good vibrations? I see them for sale around here fairly often. Surprisingly my new old ride , SRX600 thumper doesn't vibrate very much.

How is the Buell? I wanted to try one for fun. That's a Blast? It's a 500cc thumper ? When I took my MSF class they had one an an extra but no one rode. Good vibrations? I see them for sale around here fairly often. Surprisingly my new old ride , SRX600 thumper doesn't vibrate very much.
Hi Pumps, No it's not a 500cc Blast but a M2 Cyclone 1200cc! It vibrates a lot at lower rpm but smooths out nice @ 2,000 and up. Pulls like a train from idol till redline :yikes: Short wheelbase and tons of tourqe= wheelie :D Vance Pipe, k+n filter, and jet kit, around 100hp :bike:

Hi Pumps, No it's not a 500cc Blast but a M2 Cyclone 1200cc! It vibrates a lot at lower rpm but smooths out nice @ 2,000 and up. Pulls like a train from idol till redline :yikes: Short wheelbase and tons of tourqe= wheelie :D Vance Pipe, k+n filter, and jet kit, around 100hp :bike:

Thats a lot of HP for a small bike :thumbsup:
Its sort of a Harley that actually works, oh am I allowed to say that?:laughing:

I know you've seen it before but on another site, a mates cafe racer, the frame is based loosely on a rickman frame I have in his shed.

the Triumph looks very much like an old trackmaster oil in frame, that the original OIF were supposedly copied from, might even be a cleaned up Triumph OIF

Attachments

• 3705872965_6b861d6c9f.jpg
    3705872965_6b861d6c9f.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I know you've seen it before but on another site, a mates cafe racer, the frame is based loosely on a rickman frame I have in his shed.

the Triumph looks very much like an old trackmaster oil in frame, that the original OIF were supposedly copied from, might even be a cleaned up Triumph OIF
Hi Jay, I thought it might be? I've always liked the look of those frames :shrug: And yes I've seen your friends bike before, it's been in my collection of internet bike pic's :) cool looking ride :thumbsup:

just found a better picture of the frame

Attachments

• 3706711418_098a627c3d_b.jpg
    3706711418_098a627c3d_b.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 102
nice buell i had a 97 s3 thunderbolt had to buy a lot headlite bulbs kept blowing them out comiing down hard doing wheelies but a fun bike for sure

Back