Blowback through carb

Nwcali01

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello men. Another brain picker for you experts! So a few months ago I installed and started using a shorai 12v battery on my pma system since it just runs better and keeps lights brighter overall. I noticed though that when I turn the ignition key without starting the bike and turn it back to the off position that ill get blowback from the right carb (it sounds like). I thought nothing of it as this was just the ignition system burning off unburned fuel in the cylinder. While out riding in san diego this weekend, I stopped for a last fuel up before heading home. Turned ignition and then remembered I had to run for a quick piss so turned the ignition back off and got the blowback. Come back and nada. Wouldn't start. Tinkered with it and noticed the lights were all dead. Quick tow home from fam and next day charged battery then reinstalled and bam it starts. Checked the voltage at idle and advance and exactly where they should be. Thinking maybe a faulty coil? Thoughts? Thanks guys.

might be worth replacing the condensor pack as well .Apparently bolted to the top engine mount ... stock bikes

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 94
Back