blue spot caliper fitment

Matt Isaacs

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I see this topic has been covered a lot in the archives, but I'm hoping to see if I can get a more direct answer to my question. I got a FZR blue spot caliper and bracket that appears to fit nicely on my 1980 SG when staged on the fork. But the pads are rubbing noticeably on the stock rotor. I guess I need a spacer somewhere, either behind the rotor, or inside the caliper mounting bracket? Has anybody figured out the spacer issue? Or would things get easier with a new rotor?

Thanks.

Would a rotor spacer a little over 3mm thick fix it? I upgraded the brake on an SR500 and they sent the wrong spacer. They sent a replacement and I still have this one.

Mine was more like 13mm but that was for the FZR rotor which has a lot less offset. I made a temporary caliper bracket out of plexiglass and put spacers between the wheel and disc until I got it where I wanted it. That way the caliper bracket could be a flat plate with no spacers or machining required. If you mock up the caliper bracket the same way the disc spacer you have will either work or it won’t but if it doesn’t you will get a good idea of what you do need.

Back