Bobbers and turn signals

Nubster

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the risk of not being cool (being sarcastic) I want to add turn signals to my bobber, at least on the rear. Just wanted to see who else has them, post up some pics if you do, and how did you go about mounting them...I want to do something that can be removed if I decide to and not have to drill or weld the frame.

I considered removing the rear fender altogether and mount the tail light and license plate to the lower left side. I would use the existing fender mounting holes for blinkers but I too want to see what others have done before diving into it.

That's actually not a bad idea...using the fender mount holes. I'd still like to see other ideas too. I want to keep the blinkers as small and inconspicuous as possible while still having them be effective.

That's neat...won't work for me though cause my plate is vertical. There are a couple options on there that very well may work. Might mean making a bracket of some sort but I think it will work.

I'd still love to see some pics though.

I plan on running these when I do decide to wire my signals I don't think there dot approved but ehh whateves but I'm not 100% sure where to mount them but they are pretty small to hide on my bike
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=180636662099&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=49560179565

DOT? What's that? Ya know, some rules/laws are made for a legitimate purpose. Like, don't drive and text. Makes sense, right? So how come......................wait, stop Dave. OK, where were we? Oh yeah, DOT. Yeah, you should NEVER use non-DOT approved equipment, EVER!! I might, but YOU shouldn't!:D

these are like $15 on eBay for a set. Work pretty good and have rubber to keep from getting shaken to death...
1d83981e.jpg

0c90fcea.jpg

Posted via Mobile

I have a hardtailed bobber, I welded two tabs onto the frame behind the seat, then i drilled holes into the tabs and mounted them that way. For the front I bought the headlight ears with 3 holes in them, and i just mounted them to the headlight ears.

I'm running two Dual Filament LEDs on my bobber.
Image061-2.jpg

I have a trailer light setup. For Real, there is a box under my tank from UHAUL (http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Wiring-lights/Tow-vehicle-wiring/Trailer-Light-Power-Module?id=4074). I have running lights, then they get brighter when I hit the brake, turn signals. And if I hit the brakes while I have my turn signal on, One is bright and the other flashes. I have all the functions (running, brake, and turn signals) in two duel filament bulbs.

There's a pile of lights available here http://www.customdynamics.com/

They have the TrueFlex light bars in all kinds of lengths. Gives lots of options. I'm heading to get ones like Jawknee21 has.

Just don't over tighten them. Pretty much just finger tight is enough. It'll pull the threads right out of the light...

They're actually about $18 after shipping. Item #370164565329 on eBay. They have rounded ones too...

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
" But I didn't even see the bike officer".

You think wee turn signals are gonna help being seen. Tighten yer full face strap real tight.

Ive taken them off every bike Ive ever owned. Your hand with the middle finger extended always can be seen.

Back