Bought a new bike

MN_TX650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Added a new ride to the stable. It is an 86 Goldwing Aspencade with a California Friendship III sidehack. Been looking for a sidecar setup for my son for over a year now, and found this one at a price that was too good to pass up! Hit 52 here in MN sunday so I took it out for a spin.

Sidecar008.jpg

Sidecar011.jpg

Sidecar014.jpg

Sidecar015.jpg

Sidecar016.jpg

180390_1753021739136_1046687022_31905836_2601631_n.jpg

182972_1753020259099_1046687022_31905820_77440_n.jpg

Keeping my VTX, but selling the cafe bike come spring. Ain't got enough room to keep them all! This is the 5th bike in the stable.:doh:

SigPic.jpg

Lets just say the price was definately a "Winter" price. The sidecar alone is worth more than I paid for the whole rig. The wing only has 24k miles on it, and was very well maintained. Runs like a top!! The bike also came with 3 matching Arai helmets all with intercoms. Will still have my 78 XS, so I can hang here lol.

Looking at mounting up a new set of skins on the bike. Maybe a steering dampener. Would also like to stiffen up the suspenion a bit on the bike. Possibly some progressives front and rear. The aspencade has air ride though, and the rear air shocks are $380+ a pair from what I have seen!

Well, I must say that I prefer working on 650's LOL. Spent nearly two hours pulling shit off the wing just to get to the rear wheel! But, it is done. Got all three wheels ready to mount up the new skins. Just thought I would share the woes of Wing ownership :) Once the skins are on, I have a set of progressive springs going in the front, and 416 Air rides going in the rear...as well as new fluids thru-out and some new timing belts. Working to get this sucker done so I can get the Cafe bike out of storage! Had my little trail 110 out this weekend and put a few miles on her. As Travis knows, we were finally getting decent weather up here. Not any more. Thunderstorm last night, snow storms tonight!

Allthisfortires.jpg

sigpic_all.jpg

Oh Man, i am jealous, that is so cool, talk about total comfort for you and the misses. Where did you find it?

Thats awesome!! Come pick me up! Im off of 94 and whire bear ave. Wait.... After the rain and snow stops :)

Great outfit! It looks in awesome shape :thumbsup: You are going to get addicted too it I promise :laugh: As alot of people here know I love sidecars :heart: The wife and I (dog too) travel as much as we can with them. I have an xs650 on/off road outfit and a DL1000 rig as well while my 2 wheel scoots have collected some dust in recent years, like I said you will become addicted :cheers:
cimg5664n.jpg
cimg5665.jpg

Oh Man, i am jealous, that is so cool, talk about total comfort for you and the misses. Where did you find it?

A guy in blomington was selling it this winter. Got it for less than the car alone is worth!

Great outfit! It looks in awesome shape :thumbsup: You are going to get addicted too it I promise :laugh: As alot of people here know I love sidecars :heart: The wife and I (dog too) travel as much as we can with them. I have an xs650 on/off road outfit and a DL1000 rig as well while my 2 wheel scoots have collected some dust in recent years, like I said you will become addicted :cheers:
cimg5664n.jpg

The wife and I have been talking about getting a sidehack since last riding season for our son to ride in. Was tough to get out and ride together much with having to find a baby sitter, and having to be back by a certain time. I rode a bit solo, but it is always something we have done together. He is 4 now, and we can all 3 go and bring the pup with too in the new rig! She is already planning various camping trips for us the summer. lol. I am glad to see her this excited about riding again. We used to be gone every weekend before we had our son, and now we can share that time and experience with him! :)

Back