bought some new gear

denis

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Felt like sharing and bragging a bit. I was shopping around for a new helmet, as if the two I have laying around aren't enough, and I decided to pull the trigger on the Bell Custom 500 in silver flake. After a rigorous hunt I was able to locate it someplace in Cali exactly in my size, small. The rep said that the helmet was actually just received but not claimed by the person that preordered it so I stole it for 119.95 shipped. So hopefully I will be getting it in soon so I can try that bad-boy on. I was originally in search of a half helmet, but decided on a 3/4 after trying a few halfs on. For some reason they just didn't sit well and made me look even worse than I normally do. So I figured even if the Bell doesn't work out I can always turn around and resell it, and owning it is owning a piece of classic Americana, so to speak. I also recently purchased a pair of Bobster interchangeable glasses http://www.bobster.com/catalog/product.aspx?ItemCode=BRA201&SectionID=96&BrandID=3714&Family=Raptor, I've never tried bobster so I figured I'd give it a shot. The overall build is not bad, but you can tell its a 40-50 dollar pair at best. I also decided to try an unconventional goggle, a jockey goggle, I think they look neat and have a vintage quality to them. So I got 2, a tinted one and a clear one for 25 shipped. http://www.kroopsgoggles.com/horse-racing/racing-goggle

I know! I've always wanted to try them out and the company seems legit and offers a large variety of trims and designs.

They are cool goggles, but more like $17 with shipping ;) Too bad there is nothing else I can order to make up for the shipping cost.

Just got the helmet and the goggles in... tried both of them on and it seems like a match made in heaven. I'll take some pic and post them up later tonight. The helmet sits a little high but I think it just needs to be broken in a bit. Another great thing about the solid flakes is that you can remove the bell sticker from the front.. so it looks clean as fuck. Definitely one of the coolest helmets ive ever seen or tried on.. the diamond stitching is so neat and its super light also there are reliefs in the padding for your ears so there is annoying contact. I want to get another one.. as far as fit, I measured myself as a 22" and the small fits like a glove.

i have the early version of those bobsters. Mine neede breaking in. the padding needs to conform to your eye sockets, and untill then, when you take them off, you have a big red ring around your eyes, but after awhile, they form to you,AND VERY COMFORTABLE i WERE MINE WHEN i WHERE MY JOCKEY STYLE 'NOVELTY' LID. LATELY THE COPS HAVE BEEN CRACKING DOWN, SO, ON WITH THE KBC VR-1 FOR A WHILE. Whoops, sorry for the caps.

A. That helmet is easily purchased for 119.95 shipped from most big motorcycle outfits, like this one: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/38/28717/ITEM/Bell-Custom-500-Helmet.aspx

B. Classic Americana sort of suggests some history to it, not something you and millions of other people now own, all shiny and new.

C. What are you, a bunch of friggin chicks? Are you all going to go hang out at the mall then get pedicures while you read each other's horoscopes?

D. Go eat a damn steak and drink some alcohol! No damn fruity drinks either. Jesus, I think I lost some chest hair just reading this friggin thread...

Lol ^^

Have some built up anger you need channeled ?

Hardly. I'm just waiting for you guys to start talking about your feelings and weeping over Opera's latest book selection. Maybe you can get together and watch O.C.C. and Top Model back-to-back. Or you can help one another find matching gloves and shoes to go with your goggles! You know, to make sure they don't clash with your scoots...

Pumps, you want that soy latte with your free-range Tofurkey sandwich, I assume?

Lol your waiting for that..... would us talking about our feelings turn you on or something?

I'm comfortable saying that some goggles look cool.

Do I smell a closet homo?

I suppose you'll be wanting cheddar Sheese with it, slathered in Spectrum, all rolled up in a spinach wrap? Maybe with a few humanely raised pickles on the side, and a Tofutti Cutie for dessert?

Ok now I think you are too knowledgeable about this stuff. I had to google Sheese and Spectrum and Tofutti Cutie to find out what they are. :eek::eek::eek:

Teebs you seem to know quite a bit about the "homo" culture.. I've never even heard of some of the products you've mentioned - its all in good fun.

Thread%20Hijacked.JPG

Back