Boyer Bransden Ignition Mounting Bracket

mouth

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I've recently designed a mounting system for the Boyer Bransden ignition system. It incorperates a solid mount for the coil and ignition module, so you dont have to zip-tie anything. It is a simple "drop in the parts and bolt it in place, put your tank back on and ride the damn thing". Here are the specs:

Billet aluminum
Mounts in to the original coil location
Two configurations - one Stacking (module over top the coil), the other is Hidden (module between the frame gussets).

Could I get some feedback from all of you as to weather or not this is a good idea and you guys would buy this thing?

What price would you pay for something like this?

Would you like material options like Brass or Stainless Steel?

Here is a rendering of the stacking config... (its used for bikes with peanut or mustang tanks).

The rendering isnt 100% accurate, but the idea is there.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• Boyer Install Layout *.jpg
    Boyer Install Layout *.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 1,326
Last edited:
How are you protecting the blue box from vibration?

I used a short section of aluminum angle material from Crappy Tire. Bolted it to the frame coil brackets. One side for the Boyer coil, one for the box.

Held up for a few seasons and then I switched to a Pamco for my 277 rephase.

I'd have shelled out maybe $40 for a ready-made solution but there aren't a lot of Boyer's out there given the expense.

XS650Project20090411003.jpg

XS650Project20090411004.jpg

Its a good idea. For my Boyer I used a rubber mounted alluminium plate and used velcro to attatch the unit to the plate - it adds another layer of vibe damping and is easy to remove

I've recently designed a mounting system for the Boyer Bransden ignition system. It incorperates a solid mount for the coil and ignition module, so you dont have to zip-tie anything. It is a simple "drop in the parts and bolt it in place, put your tank back on and ride the damn thing". Here are the specs:

Billet aluminum
Two configurations - one Stacking (module over top the coil), the other is Hidden (module between the frame gussets).

Could I get some feedback from all of you as to weather or not this is a good idea and you guys would buy this thing?

Here is a rendering of the stacking config... (its used for bikes with peanut or mustang tanks).

I just installed a BB system in my '82 - late Specials have a different coil mounting bracket than earlier 650s, so that would further limit the market for the one you have in mind. All I needed was a short length of 1x1 aluminum angle and a couple of short standoffs.

Billet aluminum

I'm working on my bracket now. In your rendering I don't see the ignition coil in place. Another thing I wondered about when placing my processor was that if it's right next to the coil could it be affected?

Don't know if you all are looking for chopper solutions, but I put the box in my fake oil tank. I used bicycle tube to isolate it from vibes:

2yfQwl.jpg

The coil mount is simply a piece of 1/4" plate welded to the neck gusset cross bar:

vc2rjl.jpg

EvEd2l.jpg

Ee2Ztl.jpg

I see you have some good solutions. I am putting mine in a stock 1974 650. I have my coil nicely mounted using spacers and one of the old coil mounting holes and one I drilled. I'm mounting the processing unit up closer to the neck to keep it away from heat. I fabricated a bracket using some brackets from Home Depot. I'm using a neoprene foam for antivibration. I'll probably post some pictures when it's done

Last edited:
Back