Wanted - Bracket for left Front brake

76-77 XS500C-D
77-83 XS650D-SK
78-79 and 81 XS1100E-F and H
81 XS850H
77-78 XS750
On the 750,850 and 1100 specials they used a leading axle fork and use different calipers, make sure they are standards.

Hey guys. I need a bracket to bolt the left caliper to the fork. Please hit me up if you have one.:D

Sorry if i'm being an idiot - but what bracket are you looking for? I thought all the post '73's came with the lugs on the left there to be used?

(that's what i did anyway - just had to grab the left hand caliper and a longer banjo bolt, and robert's your parent's filial relative...)

Sorry if i'm being an idiot - but what bracket are you looking for? I thought all the post '73's came with the lugs on the left there to be used?

(that's what i did anyway - just had to grab the left hand caliper and a longer banjo bolt, and robert's your parent's filial relative...)

The calipers float and there is a bracket that bolts to the fork and then the caliper fits into the bracket. The caliper itself doesn't bolt to the fork. The brackets are stamped L and R. I have the one stamped R, need the one stamped L.

Oh!!! Okay, sorry, i usually think of the entire assembly as "the caliper".

Can't find just the bracket on ebay, but there are lots of full assemblies.

OK one last plea for help. I'm hoping to have the bike running in two-three weeks. I'm hoping some one can help me before I drive 3 hours to the bone yard.

OK one last plea for help. I'm hoping to have the bike running in two-three weeks. I'm hoping some one can help me before I drive 3 hours to the bone yard.

I had two of these chromed and Im using only the right side... they weren't cheap... are you looking for just one?

Attachments

• 0706091424.jpg
    0706091424.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 236
Back