Brake discs, 50% off!

I may be wrong, but I always thought the holes shouldn't be any larger in diameter than the thickness of the brake disc...

Last edited:
Very airy! I'd use it on the rear. But for a lot less effort and often less money thinner slotted rotors from maxims fit too.

Yes, those holes are way too big. That one's trash. You shouldn't make them any bigger than the thickness of the disc. On the 7mm thick 650 disc, I used just under 1/4" holes (#1 bit) and on the 5mm SR500 disc I used 3/16" holes.

I'd imagine that the leading edge of those holes being GIANT would rip pieces of brake pad off with every stop and you'd only get like 20 stops out of a set of pads.:laugh: If you like changing pads with every fill up i'd say jump all over em.:wtf:

Well you have to mix and match, The maxim use the smaller rotor size as found on the back of the XS650 and front of the XS750. XS1100 disks fit the 650 front. So far I have found all the 6 bolt disks before the 4 puck calipers interchange if they are the same diameter (same mount, same offset) I think there are only two diameters out there. Several are thinnner than the XS 650 disk so there COULD be issues with worn pads with a thin disk??? If you know different PLEASE speak up.

Back