Brake light won't light up.

MadRat 88

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 80' XS, Pamco igniton and PMA. Very simple wiring. I came home last night and had to relocate my tail light, long night of work so I forgot to disconnect the battery before detaching the brake light. I have continuity through all my wires, and the inline 10 amp fuse is still intact. Checked the ignition switch and it's good, tried another light, another bulb, etc. etc.. and all check out good but still no light. I fixed a couple solder joints that looked iffy, but I'm still getting flow through everything and can't get it to light up. Brake switch maybe? Been searching around to see how to test the switch but haven't seen anything. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I haven't disconnected the switch, but I'm getting 12 volts. I'll take it out after work and see what I get. Just ran out of time today before I could get to that point. Worked yesterday, and today nothing.

If you only have two wires, chances are your light housing grounds to the frame. You might need to clean up where it mounts to make a good ground connection.

If you have three wires, then all bets are off...

Rich

Back