Brake light

jonboy-xsbobber

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
My brake light turns on when I hit the brake but doesn't stays it it used to but it doesn't anymore. My charging system isn't charging my batery anymore could this be related? Where should I start any help would be appreciated

I was considering that when I bought mine. It wasn't charging because of the brushes were to short. It might be a cheap fix.

My brake light turns on when I hit the brake but doesn't stays it it used to but it doesn't anymore. My charging system isn't charging my batery anymore could this be related? Where should I start any help would be appreciated

Hi jonboy,
your brake light should only be on when the brakes are on. It isn't supposed to stay on when you let the brakes off.
So if it did and now it don't, It fixed itself?
And I just checked on my own Heritage, the tail, brake, gauge and signal lights all work with the key on and the engine not running.
So I reckon your brake light acting up and your alternator not charging are two separate problems.
And before I poured $400+ into a PMA/Pamco system I'd clean up the alternator slip rings and swap out the alternator brushes for new ones even if the old ones ain't quite worn down yet.
That and check and clean up every single wiring connection on the bike.

Back