Brass Exhaust Tips Contest-----Banana Girder Bike

wrmdovr

If it were easy.....everyone would do it!
Reaction score
hello All.......I wanted to say that I was beyond super lucky to have been selected the enviable recipient of a pair of exhaust tips from Brass Cycle Works! Firstly, I want to thank Artek, this is really the first time that I have ever won anything and candidly I am super stoked about this! The tips will look great as i have brass accents on my bike already, .44mag valve stem covers, jack daniels comemoriative coins countersunk into the jockey shift, and head stem, 1907 boy scout friendship coin for clutch adjustment cover, and a brass toned chain which really accent the leather hand grips and seat. I expect to recieve them in the next couple of days and will post pictures once installed. WRMDOVR

bike1.jpg

Brass parts should look real fine. You must have really long arms. I would like to see a picture of you sitting on the bike, holding the handlebars, as in a riding position.

Hi RG......appeciate your thoughts and I can do on the pic when someone is around to take it! ;).......I am 5'10" and with regular arm and leg length......my "style" of riding is i am a bit of a leaner, menaing that i do not sitting stock upright. You got me thinking as to what the exact angle that i do lean so i measured it as close i could and there is a 12 degree lean........extending the rear tire approximately 7 inches and with the seat "suspended" it gives the illusion of being really long when in fact is nearly identifcal to my white xs650. That is one of the benefit of building the bike from scratch is that everything is placed exacttly where it is the most comfortable.....pegs, seat, handle bars, controls, etc......kinda like the difference between buying a suit off the rack versus going to a tailor where everything is custom fitted. WRMDOVR

Hey Pete..thank you! Really looking forward to popping them on. I will give my bike an air of class and sophistication.....not unlike your pictures smoking jacket! :laugh:

Are you going to leave it turned out or cut them to run straight back? Or have you thunk bout it yet? My opinion doesn't matter, jus wandering.

Hi Weekend.....good question.....i have been contemplating that very question and will mock it up both ways to see what looks best. I wont recieve them until Tuesday so next week i will update. WRMDOVR

hey Double E......thanks! Really stoked as i would have never thought to add them and now i think that they will add a really nice touch to the overall look. WRMDOVR

Back