For Sale - brass float bs34 with spigots $100 plus ship

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
These are NOT rebuilt. Came off a 12,000 mile(I believe this to be right) 1981 that had been sitting a long time in N Dakota. Pulled them off the engine this morning.
They still have the brass plugs in the idle mix screw bores. Carbs had been drained by some PO, the drain screws were loose. I checked diaphragms with the cover port, slow drop test, they both passed fine. I removed float bowls, loosened main and pilot jets, slots are good.
I removed the floats using a proper pin removal tool. Loosened float needle body retaining screws. Carbs have factory brass in them, 132.5 mains. I did the hot water float dip test, both floats passed, no bubbles. Loosened and removed both float bowl gaskets. loosened all diaphragm cap screws, loosened all 4 carb to front bracket screws till they turned freely.
I have not tested throttle shaft seals, the throttle shafts turn free and smooth, choke goes in out. I reassembled everything screws just snug, float pins loose.

So what I am selling is set of good rebuilders. Should be a able to go through these with minimal parts purchases. Spigots appear good and big crack free, they are the originals. Would like to see $100 plus the ride about $16.00 in a medium flat rate box. I will include new 2 float valve o-rings two ss washers to bump the jet needles up a bit and 2 (probably fit) idle screw o-rings.

bs34 001.JPG bs34 002.JPG

bs34 003.JPG bs34 004.JPG

bs34 005.JPG bs34 006.JPG

bs34 007.JPG bs34 008.JPG

bs34 009.JPG bs34 010.JPG

Back