Brass grate kickstart pedal

VENMUS

Fabricator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Does anyone do a conversion of the stock XS kick start lever to a brass grate style? I don't want the chrome junk, no knurled pegs, and no bicycle pedals. I want a polished chunk of solid brass with a bearing/bushing inside that will be permanently mounted to my kickstart arm.

I'm willing to buy the pedal itself and have a machine shop do some magic, and I understand there are two types of brass grates: one made right (quality & $$$$) in the USA, and another cheap Chinese junk for the Hardley Davidsons (low quality & roughly $40). I'd rather have the better of the two. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks,

Logan

the USA made is approx $85.00...the import is $45.00 (plus freight)...they are all originally for HD, has were the old bike pedal design.

i can do one, when I get back from FL..in approx. 2 weeks,

when it comes to those generic style pedals, cast brass is cast brass, it is the same regardless of where it comes from. the machined ones and fancy ones cost more because of the labor in them. also, most of them do not use bearings.

Correct. They are a normal axle/bolt which the pedal spins on. No bushing or bearings.
Easiest way is to get the pedal, cut your stock kicker pedal shaft off and drill/weld a bolt in its place to fit the pedal.

Back