Brass headlights

FrkyMnky

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is any interest in brass headlights? I have been acquiring some pre war spotlights that are all brass/copper/aluminum construction. I don't have any finished, but if there is some demand I will start finishing them out and selling on here. Figure price would start around $100 and go up depending upon light and upgrades wanted to bring it up to current lighting standards.

Here are some pictures of some of the lights I have and how they could look. These are not my pictures as I haven't started yet, but this should give you some ideas. Also can do tail lights.

blogger-image-1351181964.jpg

SAM_2397.jpg

SAM_1706.jpg

SAM_1617.jpg

SAM_1010.jpg

Well I was a little surprised at so many asking for lights. I only have a few on hand and they all need some work before I could sell them. I was thinking of doing a commission base deal where you tell me you want something and I build it for you and then would pay once the light was done. Let me know what you guys think. I enjoy doing this, and these old lights are pretty cool.

Is net you a private message, but didn't get a response...sooooo, those are not pictures of the actual lights you have? Can you post pictures of the actual lights you have or PM me?

I want one old with patina. With a switch on the housing. Lmk if you have something like that. In 5-5.5 " range. Just need light and switch to work. And the threaded stud at bottom like first pic. Post what you got.

Ill see what I can do for you. Not typically gonna find one with a switch already installed, so I will have to put one into the headlight.

Sweet, well there seems to be a decent amount of interest. I have a couple of new lights on the way and a few tail lights as well. This is the best picture I have of a rear right now. The one on my bike has a red glass lens with stop on it. The new ones I am getting are clear with a red bulb. Right now I have 2 of the Lorraine lamps I am getting ready to sell. There is a picture 2nd from the bottom up above.

Wanted to ask, what would you guys feel is a good price for the headlights you see and for a finished taillight? Kinda pointless if I start doing this and then no one is willing to pay $100-$200 for a finished brass light.

image-76.jpg

Nice vintage lights! Will be a nice addition to any tastefully built bobber!
Your caliper stay, however....It is in compression, and definitely is pre-buckled.
I understand that style and looks are down to individal taste, but sound engineering isn't....

The stock brake stays for both standards and specials are a bit boring looking, and I am all for custom replacements.
But surely it must be possible to make them structurally sound too. Maybe in the same style as your fender stays, sort of a "dogbone" style. Then for total perfection, you could have one ear on each side, strong and possibly sleek also!

I would never be able to enjoy riding a bike, if I had any doubts about the brakes.....Just my 2 cents anyway...

Back