Brass petcocks

I'm not concerned about the reserve. I just want to deliver fuel to the carbs with no leaks. I'll be running inline filters with them. Just wanted to see if someone had a bad experience with them with leaks etc before i Buy it now.

If you have a hardware store locally you could source one of those valves cheaper probably. They are point of service gas line valves. A low pressure application for a dry gas.
Another possibility you may want to chase down is the petcock valve style used by Ian Berry for his Falcon bikes.

Attachments

• brass petcock.jpg
    brass petcock.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 134
If you have a hardware store locally you could source one of those valves cheaper probably. They are point of service gas line valves. A low pressure application for a dry gas.
Another possibility you may want to chase down is the petcock valve style used by Ian Berry for his Falcon bikes.

I'll have to have a look around. I know my local hardware store probably doesn't have it for sure. They never have anything i need. Do you have a pic of the Ian Berry petcocks?

Not sure what your looking for but I put these inline on my stock tank an petcocks . They were reasonable an no gas gets past them . 1/4 inch fuel line too , found em on ebay

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 142
I Have Brass Petcocks On Mine Also And They Leak Like Crazy! I Like Those Tht Lan Berry Uses. Where Can I Find Those? Are Those Filters On The recieving End? Do They Eliminate The Need For an Inline Filter?

How about one of these.

Small aluminum plate with mounting holes and tapped for 08-039 would work.

Pingel sells them but not hard to make either if you can source some aluminum.

I believe 46 mm is the correct spacing for the mounting bolts, but measure first of course.

Attachments

• Motovan fuel shut off.jpg
    Motovan fuel shut off.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Pingel Adapter Plate.jpg
    Pingel Adapter Plate.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 133
I seen those Phail. Nearly bought them. Got these instead. Not a bad price. I will need the spigots and sealing washers though.http://www.ebay.com/itm/321154284404?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I had those but they started leaking on my a few months in. I tightened them so I could barely turn them on and they still leaked. Had to replace them.

I read somewhere that you can take them apart and polish the ball valve and it stops the leak. Hope you have better luck than me.

Also, I used Caswell tank sealer after I welded up my tank. I used a 110 Mig with no gas and I could not get it to not leak. So I just sealed it. This is probably the best stuff you can get.
http://www.caswellplating.com/restoration-aids/epoxy-gas-tank-sealer.html

Back