brembo front brake adaptor

I am using a Brembo 4-pot caliper off a Ducati on my -77 D model.
If you want to use this caliper with a stock, spoked wheel like I do, you will need a disc with more offset (23 mm), or a disc spacer, to get clearance between the spokes and the backside of the caliper. And, by coincidence, when the disc is spaced or offset enough, the outside face of the lugs on the fork legs, and the lugs on the caliper are even. So the adapter can be a flat plate, bolted to the caliper and the fork lugs. I made my adapter from a piece of 12x100 mm flat bar 6082 alloy. The best way to do this is to cut a template from a piece of scrap plywood or other material, to get hole locations, dimensions and shape as you want it before making the adapter. All you need is a piece of suitable quality alloy, a 10 mm (or 10.2) drill bit, a drill press and a jigsaw. Even a hacksaw and hand files can be used.

anyone know of a bolt on adapter for the front brembo brake caliper? im looking to install one on my 77 d. i heard the sr500 one may work

You can make your own adapter plate. I made mine from 3/8" aluminum. Very easy to do, if you have a drill press and some hand tools. I also put a Brembo caliper on the back wheel.

Attachments

• Brembo front mounting.JPG
    Brembo front mounting.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 540
I'm using the pandemonium. Not for a brembo but for a 4 piston star caliper. Works great and easier to use than a brembo since you don't have to file the caliper or anything. You'll have to make your own adaptor for the fork lower out of 1/4 plate but that's easy.

I'm using the pandemonium. Not for a brembo but for a 4 piston star caliper. Works great and easier to use than a brembo since you don't have to file the caliper or anything. You'll have to make your own adaptor for the fork lower out of 1/4 plate but that's easy.

A picture would be nice, to see your set-up.

For me it was cheaper to buy a new MC that was sleeker anyway than rebuild my stock one. Got the MC I used for $20 on ebay. First one arrived not working and the seller sent a second...letting me keep the first too. Later I found that the first just needed to be cleaned out better so I kept it as a spare.

RetiredGman,

Would you mind posting a pic of the rear caliper and the bracket?

Have a look at these pics.....................glad to answer any questions.

Attachments

• Brembo Rear Mounting.JPG
    Brembo Rear Mounting.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 605
  • Rear caliper mounted.JPG
    Rear caliper mounted.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_6171 R1.JPG
    IMG_6171 R1.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 318
Back