Broken Bolt Removal

If you look in the bottom of the reservoir, you'll see a metal plate with a couple small Philips screws. That's what attaches it to the MC housing. Yes, there is an o-ring around the O.D. of the portion that inserts into the housing (for sealing) and yes, as Jayel said, it comes out easier if you can twist it back and forth. But it's probably worth trying to remove it. That would make removing the broken screw pretty easy. I highly recommend using anti-seize on the new screws so something like this doesn't happen again.

Well I finally got the bolt out. Pain in the butt.
Here is a picture of my m/c. The reservoir just seems to be sitting on there and only being held by something in the area of those 2 tabs. I don't see an O ring or screws. It's all solid with the 2 tabs. Or is the O ring around the O.D. like 5twins said and the reservoir pushed down in?
Any thoughts?
Thanks all

Attachments

• master c.jpg
    master c.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 72
yes this dark area is the o-ring, you need to turn the plastic reservior sideway to get to the small hole under the tab then you can pry it apart easier if you want

Attachments

• master c.jpg
    master c.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 75
gggGary, I pulled it all apart as you suggested. The piston looks perfect except for some minor surface rust inside. I was able to pull it out by hand, though very tough. And as you stated there was a load of goop behind it. Nasty goop too. It kinda smelled as well. So I have gotten it all done now. Took everything apart, cleaned the reservoir out and poked the holes (which were not clogged luckily), ordered new seals, and replaced them. So I think I have done a brake job now. :thumbsup:
The dust boot wasn"t bad, but i replaced it anyway and the reservoir cap/rubber were fine and plyable.
Thanks for all the help everyone.

Last edited:
Back