Broken float post advice BS38

xsmoley

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
Now that my new brass floats have arrived, Im about to tackle a job Im not looking forward to !
My left side carb body on my BS38s has suffered some cruelty by the PO ! Either he has dropped it at some point or smacked it with a hammer but one of the posts holding the floats had been glued back in after obviously snapping off. I had noticed this before but it wasnt high on the rebuild list but its all but finished now and I need to sort this. The PO had not glued the post on straight and it leaned. The carb did work but i want it to be right !
Any advice please on how to get the post set in a good position before I crack the top off of my JB Weld ? The other post looks as though it has also been given some attention but looks ok.
Thanks.

Attachments

• ouch1.jpg
    ouch1.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 178
  • ouch2.jpg
    ouch2.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 165
  • ouch3.jpg
    ouch3.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 147
My opinion.................buy another carb. Considering that carbs are a somewhat precision device, its not worth the hassle. You might be able to cobble together a repair but I doubt that it would last.

I was afraid you guys were going to tell me it was junk :doh: not an easy part to find here in the UK guess I will have to chance it with the ebay vultures. Thanks for the replies.

Back